Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Chili Queen - Sandra Dallas


Rating: 4 of 5 horses

Pages: 292

Challenges: Library, Romance, Book Awards (SPUR), 20 in 2009


Synopsis (and picture from BN.com)
Life may have been hard on Addie French, but when she meets friendless Emma Roby on a train, all her protective instincts emerge. Emma's brother is seeing her off to Nalgitas to marry a man she has never met. And Emma seems like a lost soul to Addie-someone who needs Addie's savvy and wary eye. It isn't often that Addie is drawn to anyone as a friend, but Emma seems different somehow. When Emma's prospective fails to show up at the train depot, Addie breaks all her principles to shelter the girl at her brothel, The Chili Queen. But once Emma enters Addie's life, the secrets that unfold and schemes that are hatched cause both women to question everything they thought they knew.

Review
I liked this book it surprised me which is always nice. I can see why it won a Spur Award. Although I have enjoyed all of Sandra Dallas's books I have read - this is probably one of my favorites. The characters were good and believable and the twists and turns were completely believable too! One was a little bit of a challenge - a man acting as a woman, but in the end I think I can accept that too!

No comments: