Saturday, January 17, 2015
You can join here. This is a goodreads challenge - which is new for me, but I have a pile of Austen Books!
Here are the challenge details:
Challenge will begin January 1, 2015 and end December 31, 2015. People may join at any time.
Anyone is welcome.
Readers need to choose their challenge level and share choice in their introduction comment. Readers may progress to a new level at any time.
Level One Caroline Bingley: 1-5 books
Level Two Marianne Dashwood: 6-10 books
Level Three Anne Elliot: 10-20 books
Level Four Catherine Morland: 20-50 books
Level Five Mr. Bennet: 50+ books
Set up a location to track your reading challenge. This can be by creating a specific shelf here on GoodReads or on your blog.
After challenge begins, go into your chosen reading level here and update either with a list of the books you have read or a link to your update posted elsewhere. I would recommend updating on a monthly basis.
Readers are encouraged to review each book read so other readers can see what you thought of the book, but this is not mandatory.
Readers are also encouraged to cheer on each other, comment or ask about books other challengers have read.
I am going to try for Caroline Bingley!
Sunday, January 11, 2015
I like to listen to my books so this challenge is a no brainier for me to join! Here are the details for the audiobook challenge. I am going to for big listener (20-30) with a stretch goal of getting to Marathoner. :)
You can join here
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
We’ve decided to go back to having quarterly updates to help keep everyone motivated and to snag new participants through out the year. There will be posts on the following dates for you guys to check in to let us know how your listening is going for 2015.
- March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
- June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
- September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
- December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included
Saturday, January 10, 2015
I am going to participate in the Deal Me In Short Story Challenge. I love short stories but rarely read them...this is a great challenge for me to read one per week!
What is the goal of the project?
To read 52 short stories in 2014 (that’s only one per week)
What do I need?
1) Access to at least fifty-two short stories (don’t own any short story collections or anthologies? See links to online resources below)
2) A deck of cards
3) An average of perhaps just thirty minutes of reading time each week
Here is a link if you want to join:
|Where There's Smoke: A Short Story||by Jodi Picoult||♥||A|
|Miss Merriweathers marriage||Kathleen Y'Barbo||♥||K|
|Home to Pebble Creek||♥||Q|
|Christmas at Pebble Greek||♥||J|
|Special Delivery (Valentine Short Story)||♥||2|
|The Glass Case||Kristin Hannah||♥||4|
|Magic Touch||Dara England||♥||5|
|Out of the storm||♥||6|
|Honeymooning: A Cypress Hallow Yarn Story||♥||8|
|Freaks: A Rizzoli & Isles Short Story||♥||9|
|The Provincials||Daniel Alarcon,||♥||10|
|Malaria. Mental illness.||Michael Byers,||♠||K|
|Miss Lora||Junot Diaz,||♠||Q|
|Horned Men*||Karl Taro Greenfeld||♠||J|
|The Third Dumpster||Gish Jen,||♠||2|
|Encounters with Unexpected Animals||Bret Anthony Johnston,||♠||3|
|Magic Men||Sheila Kohler||♠||4|
|The Chair||David Means||♠||5|
|A Voice in the Night||Steven Milhauser||♠||6|
|Chapter Two||Antonya Nelson||♠||9||COMPLETE|
|Nemecia||Kirstin Valdez Quade||♠||10|
|The Semplica Girl Diaries||George Saunders||♦||K|
|The World to Come||Jim Shepard||♦||Q|
|The Wilderness||Elizabeth Tallent||♦||J|
|The Tunnel, or The News From Spain||Joan Wickersham||♦||2|
|Wish Upon A Star||Lainey Bancroft||♦||4|
|Tears For Hesh||J. Michael Radcliffe||♦||5|
|You Can Call Me Ari||Darcia Helle||♦||6|
|Minor Details||Jaleta Clegg||♦||8|
|Ice Cream Man||Neil Schiller||♦||9|
|No Eyes But Mine Shall See||Sharon E. Cathcart||♦||10|
|The First Texas Twister||Magnolia Belle||♣||A|
|Shadow Lantern||Gareth Lewis||♣||K|
|What Was Lost `||James Sophi||♣||J|
|The Art of Breathing||Jaime McDougall||♣||2|
|Soul Windows||Jaleta Clegg||♣||3|
|I Didn't Know His Name||Darcia Helle||♣||4|
|Red Route||James Everington||♣||5|
|Make A Wish||Susan Helene Gottfried||♣||6|
|The Last Chance Motel and Mausoleum||Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick||♣||7|
|Beyond The Green Hills||Tom Gahan||♣||9|
|From Joy We Come, Unto Joy We Return||Ami Blackwelder||♣||10|