Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blue Bistro - Elin Hilderbrand



Rating: 3 Don’t bet on this one…wait for the movie (···)

Pages: 371

Challenges: Themed Reading, A-Z Challenge (Title B)

This book is about Adrienne who has spent her life after high school floating around, moving colleges, changing jobs and cities, and changing men. Her newest move takes her to Nantucket where she meets one of the owners of the Blue Bistro the "it" restaurant on the island. Adrienne is hired to be a hostess of the restaurant. But there is some mystery afoot between the owners Thatcher and Fiona (also the Bistro chef) and why the Bistro is in its last year even though it is wildly successful.

I liked this book and I enjoyed seeing the workings of a restaurant. My only restaurant experience is McDonalds...and I can tell you it doesn't compare! Adrienne and Thatcher have a mutual attraction, but the mystery surrounding Fiona is always beneath the surface, which makes the story interesting (I don’t want to give too much away!). I might have rated this book higher but I really didn’t like the ending. I thought it was very abrupt and left a lot to be desired. Though if you have been debating working in a restaurant or feel that you may have missed out on this experience I think you would enjoy this read!

No comments: