Thursday, January 24, 2008

Autumn Blue - Karen Harter



Rating 3 Don’t bet on this one…wait for the movie (···)
Pages: 304
Challenges: Themed Reading, A-Z Challenge (Author H)

Synopsis (from BN.com)
A lyrical, character-driven novel about a single mother who struggles to save her troubled young son and finds help in the most unexpected place.
Sidney Walker should have married her ex-boyfriend Jack when she had the chance, then maybe her teenage son, Tyson, wouldn't be under house arrest for attempted robbery. Her retired neighbor, Bradbury, has stepped in temporarily to watch Tyson while she's at work, but Sidney needs to make a permanent change. She knows what Tyson needs is a father, and though she's attracted to the deputy sheriff involved in his case, Jack wants to get back together and would make a far better parent. As autumn rolls across the landscape, Sidney must decide between doing what's best for her children and following her heart.


Review

I almost gave up on this book at page 50. I didn't because I selected it for the Reading Full Circle Challenge. I wasn't sure what would happen if I lost a connection book, so I stuck with it. Lucky for me it improved, but it was pretty predictable. I loved Millard Bradbury who is a great character...after Tyson started staying with him and he felt he had something to live for. It was nice to see that the two neighbors needed each other and became a family. This book also had a lot of Christian undertones which was nice to see in a non-Christian book. There are so many other great books out there that I wouldn't recommend this one.

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

I'm glad I did not buy this one a while back. I trust your judgement. :)