Friday, November 14, 2008

Fields of Gold - Andy Stanley


Rating: 4

Pages: 144

Challenges: none

Synopsis (from bn.com)

A practical and inspirational book based on the principle of sowing and reaping. If we sow fear, what will be our harvest? And conversely, if we sow faith, what will we grow? This book moves the reader beyond fear and guilt about giving and into confidence, security, and excitement. Andy Stanley unpacks our irrational fears about money, helping us to discover that generous giving is actually an invitation for our heavenly Father to get involved in our finances and resupply us with enough seed to sow generously throughout our lifetime.

Review

This book gave me a new perspective on giving. One of the concepts that made me think the most is Jesus having dinner. If Jesus was coming to dinner would you give him leftovers or would you go the the store and prepare a special meal? Most likely I would make a special meal, but if that is the case why do I give him the left overs of my money...and giving to the church is not the first thing I give my money to? It is a concept I have been mulling over and changing my perspective on. Andy Stanley really has a way of making you think about different perspectives. Listening to his lessons are always enlightening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. interesting rating system! thanks for the review, it's one that i've never read...!