Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer


Rating: 5 Better than a new Derby Hat and the winning horse (¨¨¨¨¨)
Pages: 337
Challenge: A-Z Challenge (P Author)
What would you do if an Asteroid hit the Moon completely changing the way you live? This book explores this concept through the diary of Miranda a 15 year old girl. This book is FABULOUS! I do warn you though - after chapter 2 I dare you to put it down! If you are participating in any of the upcoming read-a-thons this would be a great book for it.

There are a lot of things in this book where I was thinking I would never think to do that!! I feel better prepared now in case of a tragedy and really don't think I have enough cash to liquidate!!
Miranda has an older brother and a younger brother plus her Mom and they have a good friend who lives down the street Mrs. Nesbitt. It is the story of how Miranda's family stays together through terrible life events. The asteroid hits the moon and forever changes the Earth's atmosphere and life itself. I highly recommend this book!
I will be reading the companion book Dead and Gone about a boy in New York and how the asteroid hitting the moon has affected him and his family. I will save this for the 48 Hour Read a-thon coming up in June! I know it will be a book that will keep me up all night reading. Plus Susan Beth Pfeffer is writing a continuation to Life As We Knew It that I can't wait to read, but since she is still writing it I expect that it won't be out for a while. I will be giving this book as gifts this year!!

I read this for Becky's Book Club - everyone loved the book you can read some of our comments here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your review from Book Addiction. It sounds like a winner!