Friday, November 14, 2008

16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove Series #1) - Debbie Macomber


Rating: 4
Pages: 377
Challenges: 1st in a series

Synopsis (from BN.com)
Olivia Lockhart16 Lighthouse Road Cedar Cove, WashingtonDear Listener,You don't know me yet, but in a few hours that's going to change. You see, I'm inviting you to my home and my town of Cedar Cove because I want you to meet my family, friends, and neighbors. Come and hear their stories - maybe even their secrets!I have to admit that my own secrets are pretty open. My marriage failed some years ago, and I have a rather . . . difficult relationship with my daughter, Justine. Then there's my mother, Charlotte, who has plenty of opinions and is always willing to share them.Here's an example: I'm a family court judge and she likes to drop in on my courtroom. Recently I was hearing a divorce petition. In Charlotte's view, young Cecilia and Ian Randall hadn't tried hard enough to make their marriage work - and I agreed. So I rendered my judgement: Divorce Denied.Well, you wouldn't believe the reaction! Thanks to an article by Jack Griffin, the editor of our local paper (and a man I wouldn't mind seeing more of!), everyone's talking.Cedar Cove - people love it and sometimes they leave it, but they never forget it!See you soon . . . Olivia

Review
This was a really good book! I liked all the characters and want to know more about them. She left some mysteries of the characters and what happens hanging so it makes you want to read more. Luckily I have the next book!

2 comments:

Brittanie said...

Looks interesting. My mom and grandmother like her books. Is it clean? No bad stuff?

Nise' said...

I love this series. I am on 8 Sandpiper Way.