Friday, June 20, 2008

Goose Girl - Shannon Hale


Rating:
Pages
Challenges: Once Upon a Time II tl;dr


Synopsis
Ani is a princess who is on her way to an arranged marriage with a Prince she has not met. Along the way her lady-in-waiting who posesses the power to manipulate convices Ani's soldiers to betray her and announce Sari as the princess. Ani survives by her wits and her "friends" animals and the wind who she can speak to. This is the story of what happens to Ani and how the incident changes her life.

Review
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters especially Ani and I loved seeing her grow in adversity. The book kept me guessing about what would come next which was great! This was my first Shannon Hale book and I will read more. I am glad that she has 2 other books with some of the characters from this one Enna Burning and River Secrets.

2 comments:

Clare - The Super Mommy Club said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed this book - I read it recently and loved it. I have some more Hale on my wish list now!

Holly said...

Oh, I'm so glad you read and liked it! It's one of my favorite books of all time. Are you planning on reading any of the following Books of Bayern?