Sunday, February 22, 2009

Voodoo Dolls, C-Cups and Eminem - Melissa Senate






Short Story Title: Voodoo Dolls, C-Cups and Eminem
Author: Melissa Senate
Book: American Girls About Town
Rating: 3 out of 5 horses
First Line:
"Before brunch, I was engaged and happy. After brunch I was engaged and cursed - in more ways than one."

Micheal proposed to Rebecca after dating only 6 months. Well, Rebecca's family has taken offense to this and don't understand why they would rush to get married - even though their marriages to people who they dated longer didn't work. So her entire family is against the marriage and stage an intervention. Also, Rebecca is getting a bride voodoo doll and nasty notes to go with.

I thought this story was cute and it was funny during some parts. I think I will read more by this author.

No comments: