Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hour 5 Results

Hour 5 has been good to me!

Still Reading: Hunger Games
Pages: 40 ---now on page 160

Here are some things I thought from these 20 pages:
In District 12, looking old is something of an achievement since so many people die early. You see an elderly person, you want to congratulate them on their longevity, ask their secret of survival. A plump person is envied because they aren’t scraping by like a majority of us.” (pg 125)

I just thought this was interesting from a US perspective...how the plump do have enough food and in fact don't worry about it...and how we strive to stay young, but being elderly is an achievement.

Peeta has a crush and admits who it is on National Televisions! Poor guy! Or is he? Hmm

I am really enjoying the Hunger Games...it's a great book for the read-a-thon because I don't want to put it down. I will defiantly read the next one - Catching Fire and #3 Mocking Jay (which they have mentioned what they are in book 1).

2 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

The party’s starting to pop
And you’re already having fun.
Don’t let the momentum stop
And get some reading done!

Glad you're enjoying Hunger Games! I might try to read Catching Fire later today.

Anonymous said...

1, 2, 3, 4
Hope your book isn’t a bore
5, 6, 7, 8
And your readathon is going great!