Saturday, October 9, 2010

Covers Mini Challenge

I am a big cover person too. If the cover doesn't match the book I get very upset. I can't remember any I have read that hasn't matched the book. One cover that comes to mind tough are the Twilight books. I loved the cover with the black, red, and white flower, and the ribbon. But the blurb kept me from reading the book for a long time - I had no interest in reading about Vampires. I did finally listen to Twilight as an audio book and wondered what everyone was gushing about...it was no Harry Potter. Then a friend invited me to a free screening of New Moon - after drooling all over Jacob and the great story line I was hooked - and loved the series!

The other book that I thin of is the cover of "1,000 White Women" - I LOVED this book. What surprised me about the cover is that the book ends in a certain way...and if you look closely at the cover it gives it away - but subtly so you don't even realize it gives away the end until you have read the end! I loved that.

I tend to move away from science fiction looking covers, and half naked people (unless one is Taylor Lautner), or vapires for that matter. Covers are important draws for me.

No comments: