Monday, January 26, 2009

My Great Brit Book Tour (Short Story) - Adrinana Trigiani






Short Story Title: A Day in the Life of My Great Brit Book Tour
Autor: Adrinana Trigiani
Book: American Girls About Town
Rating: 4 out of 5 horses

In honor of Andria Trigiani's new book coming out next week I read one of her shorts!

This is a story about an author who is going to Britain on a book tour with her husband and small baby. She has visions that the tour is going to be wonderful an wildly successful. After a harrowing plane ride where her daughter wanted to be held but only for 15 minute intervals she deplanes and breaks a tooth. Her PR manager is shuttling her to a TV interview, where no one can understand her. Here is my favorite quote:

"It's our first day of the book tour and I have already learned a big lesson: let go. Let go of the perfect picture and embrace the moment because the moment is extraordinary."

I need to remember this quote on a daily basis!

I highly recommend the Big Stone Gap series by Adriana Trigiani. Keep watching here I am chomping at the bit to read her new book and plan to do it soon -possibly in the hospital after I have my new addition.

Take a look at The Book Mine Set for more Short Stories Monday's.

1 comment:

John Mutford said...

I love getting an idea of what an author's novel will be like by looking at their short stories. It's not a perfect system of course, but a good introduction nonetheless. Also a good way to get excited for a new book in the case, like you, when you're already familiar and just waiting impatiently for the next book.

Good luck with the birth!