Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 Reading Statistics

Here are some book summaries:

Book I would never have picked up on my own, but sure am glad I did:
*Life As We Knew it
*Luxe

My favorite books of 2008:
*Tallgrass - Sandra Dallas
*This Heart of Mine - Susan Elizabeth Phillips
* Five Fortunes - Beth Gutcheon
* Love Comes Softly - Janette Oke
* Monsters of Templeton - Laura Groff
* Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer
* The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
* Somthing Rotten - Jasper Fforde
* The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
* Love Walked In - Marisa De Los Santos
* Firefly Lane - Kristin Hannah
* Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
* Luxe - Anna Godbersen

Series I started in 2008 that I must finish: Luxe, Hidden

Books I want to see continued: Life As We Knew It

New Authors that I read for the first time in 2008 and I want to read more of:
* Sarah Addison Allen
* Anna Godbersen
* Marisa De Los Santos
* Shelley Shepard Gray

* Philippa Gregory

* Susan Beth Pfeffer
* Jennifer Cheiaverini
* Laura Groff

Here are my stats for 2008:

Total books read in 2008: 60 (this is my first year tracking but I am sure all of the challenges have helped me to read more books!!)

* Pages Read: 20,986

* Fiction: 43

* Non-Fiction: 2

* New Authors: 40

* Audio Books: 32

* Did Not Finish Books: 4

* Challenges Signed up for: 14

* Challenges Finished: 7

* Challenges Carried Over to 2009: 3 (Young Adult Romance, Awards Challenge, Soups On)

My challenges finished is only 50%! I will have to try to improve that this year!! I am surprised that this is so low - but I can't complain I read many more authors and books than I would have without them!!

Ratings Stats:

2 = 7

3 = 23

3.5 = 1

4 = 16

5 = 13

2 comments:

Thoughts of Joy said...

Great list! Of the 6 I read, I 100% agree with 3 of them. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I do love reading these posts. I'm pretty sure that I put Firefly Lane on my wishlist after reading your review and I will be adding Life As We Knew It. Congrats on the 60 books!