Saturday, January 5, 2008

1st In a Series



I decided to join Thoughts of Joy's First in a Series Challenge. Here are the rules:

  • Read 12 books that are the first in any series (new authors not required)

  • You may read your chosen books any time during the year; however, most plan to read one a month

A lot of people selected mysteries...these aren't my favorite books so I have searched Amazon for 1sts and here is what I came up with.


  1. Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke (Love Comes Softly Series)
  2. The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini (Elm Creek Series)
  3. The Negotiator by Dee Henderson (O’Malley Series)
  4. Dakota Born by Debbie Macomber (Dakota Series)
  5. High Country Bride - Linda Lael Miller (The McKettrick Series)
  6. Land of my Heart by Tracie Peterson (Heirs of Montana)
  7. Cape Refuge by Terri Blackstock (Cape Refuge Series)
  8. The Texan's Touch by Jodi Thomas (Texas Brothers Trilogy)
  9. To Love and to Cherish by Patricia Gaffney (Wyckerley Trilogy)
  10. For the Roses by Julie Garwood (Clayborne Series)
  11. Shameless by Karen Robards (Banning Sisters Trilogy)
  12. A Great and Terrible Beauty – Libba Bray (book 1) (YA)
I am looking forward to reading these and have started the Negoitator!


2 comments:

Brittanie said...

I love Dee Henderson. I read a lot and she is my all time favorite author. I am hosting a book giveaway tomorrow on my blog for new author Cheryl Wyatt. Her books remind me of Dee Henderson. :)
http://www.abookloverforever.blogspot.com

Joy said...

Hi Darcie! Welcome to the 1st in a Series Challenge! When you are done with a book, I encourage you to come back and link your review with all the other firsts! I hope you enjoy all your choices. :)