Monday, June 30, 2008

Read-a-thon Summary Survey

Thanks Dewey for hosting the 'thon and Hanna for orginizing all the prizes and all the work you are going to do in the next few days to close everything out!! Helping with the organization I see how much work it is!! Thanks for putting the time and effort into it to make this a fabulous read-a-thon!!

Here are the post-event survey questions:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? 3:00 am! That is when I started to get really tired!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Life as We Knew it - Susan Beth Pfeffer

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
My suggestions are how I would approach it differently and I would change my expectations of what I can get done!! :)

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I thought it was very well orginized - it was great to win prizes and read and build a community with other readers. I have added about 10 more people to my google reader!! It was already busting at the seems!

5. How many books did you read? only 2, but I did some cheering and organization too - time just flew by!!

6. What were the names of the books you read? Sugar Queen and Hidden

7. Which book did you enjoy most? Hidden, but I really liked them both

8. Which did you enjoy least? none I liked both of my books!

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Nope I thought they were awesome!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Absolutely I would participate next time! I think I would probably do the same roles, but I would expect less reading and I would also try to do more prep before the 'thon.

1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Hi Darcie, Your email must not like me -- I've sent three emails and I don't think they're getting through. So I thought I'd try contacting you this way. As you saw, you won From a Distance on my blog. Please email me your full name and address and I'll get it out to you. My email address is callapidderdays (at) gmail (dot) com