Tuesday, June 8, 2021

One Two Three Book Review

 


I listened to this book in audio form from NetGalley.  I thought it was a little slow going at first and I debated on not finishing it, but I am so glad I did.  I really liked seeing these triplets tackle tasks together and using strengths that are not obvious to the outside looking in. One is “normal”, one has some cognitive disabilities, and one is wheelchair bound who cannot speak.  But each are smart and use their talents to the best of their abilities.  They are each a hero in their own way.  The author has an interview at the end of the audiobook, and she discussed how women heroes are inclusive where male heroes are not.  This is true and is seen in different ways through out the book and I really like this concept.  One thing to know with the audio book is the numbers indicate which sister is narrating – I did not realize this until I was several chapters in, which made the first few chapters a little of a struggle.  I really liked how people with different abilities were represented in this book. I would recommend it and look forward to reading more by this author. 

No comments: